Go to content Go to navigation Go to search

Lucky Day

2/21/2005

Saturday night Charisa and I and I went to the Pope John\Shawe silent auction dinner held at the K of C every year to benefit the schools. As usual it was packed, and got pretty rowdy. It's lots of fun and it felt good to get back in the swing of the community after eighteen months out among the english. I had something to do for work Saturday night, so I didn't drink anything, neither did Charisa, but I think we were the only sober people there.

Part of the silent auction is a basket raffle, groups or individuals donate themed baskets full of cool stuff to raffle off. There's usually about ten of them, there was this year, and they had themes like the Garden basket filled with gardening tools and seeds, the Movie basket, filled with DVDs and a DVD player and popcorn and movie passes. You get the idea. These baskets can get pretty elaborate and some of them are just nuts, I mean, how many John Deere caps do you need? But, Charisa and I bought $20 of chances at $2 each with our drink money, and split them up on three baskets. We chose the afore mentioned Movie basket, a "Taste of Madison" basket (very nice stuff in that one) and I picked one of the booze baskets. I didn't want the one with all of the local wine in it, because, well, I've had most of the local wine and while some of it is pretty darn good, let's just say, most of it would end up as "gifts". I put my two bucks on the basket that had the Dewar's in it.

Guess what?

I won. I had no idea most of this crap was in that basket. I've got barware out the wazoo now. That's cool, I also got a big brass bar stand that's not in the picture, I thought it was part of the K of C hall. It's pretty ugly, but hey, I don't have to buy it. Check this out. Hayden was helping me bring it all in from the car.


Yes, that is a blender in the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home