Go to content Go to navigation Go to search

3 degrees in Wisconsin

12/16/2008

"That a problem?"
"No, it's not a problem."
"You sure? It sure does sound like it could be a problem."
"No. No, really. It's fine. Not a problem."
"Really."
"Really. It's OK."
"Well, it's just that you sounded..."
"What? It's fine. OK?"
"I can do it."
"Look. Knock it off."
"OK, OK. Geeze, don't get upset."
"I'm not upset."
"Peeved then."
"Not peeved either. YET."
"AHA!"
"Just..."
"That's peevishness. Right there. You're peeved."
"Shut up."
"I knew you were peeved."
"Quit it."
"I asked. You heard me ask. 'Is that a problem', I said."
"It's NOT a problem."
"Seems to be."
"It's not."
"Well it shouldn't be. It's your mother."
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing..."
"What? Why bring that up?"
"I'm not."
"You are."
"It's not what I meant."
"What did you mean then? Seriously. What else could you mean?"
"Well, it's like it was such a big problem..."
"I told you it wasn't a problem."
"I thought you were being ironic."
"Sarcastic."
"What?"
"Not ironic, sarcastic."
"So you were being sarcastic?"
"No, but you weren't thinking irony. You were thinking sarcasm."
"How do you figure?"
"I know how you think. And you were wrong."
"Me?"
"Yes. I was not being ironic. The Anarchist Council Rules Committee is ironic. I was being sarcastic.."
"AHA! See..."
"WAIT! Will you? Please? I meant, you thought I was being sarcastic. I wasn't being sarcastic. It's actually NOT A PROBLEM!"
"Well stop being so nasty then."
"You mentioned my mother."
"How could I not? c'mon..."
"Well...you just didn't have to bring it up."
"Fine. I won't mention your mother."
"Good. It's not a topic I want to dwell on."
"Well, I can see that it bothers you."
"Then don't bring it up."
"Fine then. I won't. But you have to admit..."
"No. No I don't. OK. I don't have to admit anything. I am not peeved and this is not a problem. I am fine with it. OK?"
"OK, OK...I guess I just don't see how that can be real healthy."
"Jesus..."
"You gotta see my point..."
"I don't care about your point. I want you to drop it. Right now. Shut up. Drop it. Don't talk. Anymore. About anything."
"Wow. Touchy."
"Now I'm touchy. Yeah. What the hell do you expect?"
"You don't have to swear."
"WHAT?"
"Just because you're upset, doesn't mean you have to use rough language."
"Oh for God's sake."
"Gosh..."
"Gosh then..."
"People notice. You don't think they do, but they notice things like that."
"What?"
"Using 'God' as a swear."
"Are you kidding me?"
"No, I'm serious. It's impolite."
"What are you, my mother?"
"Obviously not."
"Go there. Go ahead. I dare you."
"See, I knew you had issues."
"I have issues?"
"You think I have issues? What issues do I have? I don't have any issues at all? I've been trying to be nice to you and all you can do is to get upset and swear..."
"I was not swearing!"
"...and yell."
"I'm not yelling! Do you think this is yelling? This is not yelling."
"Well, you're being awful loud for not yelling."
"Fine. I won't say anything at all."
"Proves my point."
"Take the shovel. I'll get it out of the car."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home