Go to content Go to navigation Go to search

thirteen days

6/14/2010

I may be at zero page views, but that doesn't mean I don't take this blog thing seriously. For instance, this post is only thirteen days removed from my previous post. Think about it. If I sent you all a postcard by Pony Express, you might not have it by now. However, with all this electronic stuff, you only have to wait thirteen days before you read my random thoughts about nothing in particular.

The kids finished school Friday, the Beast went off to camp (ALONE!) for the first time yesterday and I bought some new work clothes at the Outlets yesterday. WOOT! Work clothes! Badly needed work clothes too, I must say. Hotel room irons burn the crap out of your clothes and anything less shiny is good for me. Hides my fat ass.

Instead of blogging over the last two weeks, I installed new motor mounts on my car. Not too tough. Only four steps involved.

1) Buy car
2) Remove old motor mounts
3) Install new motor mounts incorrectly
4) Re-install new motor mounts so your car doesn't rattle apart while driving home from Chicago.

I also emptied the gutters, the capped gutters that aren't supposed to fill up with anything, of several bird's nests. One had three eggs in it, bad eggs. Like Veruca Salt bad. Stinky. Also fixed my roses. They were being eaten by something. And I picked about a gallon of blackberries. When I get back from Chicago this week, I'll go back out and get some more. We're making again jelly this year and the berries are spectacular. Just like the Strawberries. Maybe it's the cold winter or all of the rain, but I have blackberries coming out my ass. (Not really. Not yet anyway.) Also... Chiggers! Hooray, nothing like driving for four and a half hours with your crotch itching like you spent the weekend pub crawling in downtown Houston.

At any rate, I'll have blackberry jelly and red spots on my inner thighs for the next year or two.








Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home