Go to content Go to navigation Go to search

Cold and....just cold

11/05/2010

I am not ready for fall. As I get old and decrepit I grow more and more sensitive to the chill and I want to move somewhere really fucking hot warm. Unfortunately, I can't. Because madmom would melt, so I must kill her first, and that will cause me no end of grief and, since I'm not in government or on TV, I might lose my job. She's a lucky woman.

I, on the other hand, am freezing. But employed. For now.

Fun fact. I have to drive 45 miles to pick up an $11 part for my eldest son's $1000 car. That means I will pend about the same money in gas that I will for the part. He can't go, he'll be at an all day marching band competition.

See, this is where I wish my kids were slacker burn-outs like their old man. I could have said, "Hey kid, you want your car fixed? Drive to the city and get the part." And he'd get a burn out friend and the next time I'd see him would be to pick him up from the sheriffs at the bus station. But noooooooooo. Nothing ever goes my way.



Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home