Go to content Go to navigation Go to search

New challenge

3/13/2015

Monday, in a futile attempt to get back into shape, I started a new challenge. 100 reps. Basically a dumbbell circuit. 75% of max for 10x10. Serious burn, I'm impressed. I picked dumbbells because I'm trying to repair my shoulders. I haven't been able to bench anything on a barbell for months because my shoulders have been killing me. The doc gave me some steroids for the inflammation and I have been doing wall slides, band work and light shoulder raises, which have helped a bit. But, I'm still worried what heavy benching will do, no matter what grip or elevation I pick. So I found the dumbbell workout. I'm still using a bar for deadlifts, but dumbbells for squats. Honestly, the dumbbell squats are a lot harder than I would have thought. I don't have enough dumbbell plates to get as heavy as I should be, so I may go buy some today but it's still a ton of volume in a short time. Benching 45 (the max I have) in each hand for 100 reps with a 30 second rest between each 10 Burnssssss. By the 6th set of curls (same weight) I'm struggling to keep form. I like it. It's different. I even started keeping track again. Basic bench, curl, overhead press, bent over row, squat (can be goblet squats), get ups. 10x10 at 75% of max. I alternate days with heavy deadlifts, cardio, leg lifts and pull-ups. I have a long way to go to get back to normal, but I already feel better.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home