Go to content Go to navigation Go to search

So that's the way it is...

4/19/2016

A couple of things...

Firstly, I finally figured out what is wrong with the line breaks on this here blog. I was having issues with the way posts looked, probably because I haven't updated my template since 2004. I'm still not going to update my template, because I like it and I don't want to think about it that much. Kinda the same reason that I'm down to posting every third month or so. I'm posting today because I had a trip scheduled to Houston and Houston decided that they'd rather have 200 inches of rain. So I didn't go to Houston. Somewhere on this blog is my story about getting the last plane out of Houston before Hurricane Ike. Followed by the post where I explain how Hurricane Ike knocked out the power around here for six months and we had to eat several of my children. That didn't make me change my blog template, and neither will this.

Secondly, I'm getting a lot of shit about Trump. Here's the thing. Trump is running as a Republican. I'm not a Republican. If you are, I don't care if he upsets you. Fuck off.

Really though, if you are still a Republican after McCain and Romney, after the lies and bullshit of the McConnells and the Boehners, after the contempt of the Ryans, then you got bigger problems than Trump. No one is voting for Trump because he's the "conservative" candidate, or because he represents some deeply held principals. He isn't and doesn't. This is a fucking game. Voting for Trump isn't even a big middle finger to the "establishment" GOP, because he's no different than any of the fucking loud-mouth, lying, "tea-party" types who got elected last time around and screwed us all to the wall. You know, the ones that got elected by promising to repeal Obamacare and support the troops, then fully funded obamacare and cut veteran's benefits? Those assholes? Yeah. Trump's just like them.

One thing though. Trump did say he was going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Wow, everyone got excited. Everyone laughs at that. Even the other candidates. But when pushed, Trump said he'd tax the shit out of money traveling back to Mexico. A massive tax on renumeration. Now we all know that Wells Fargo and Western Union will never let that pass our Republican majority congress, but it is the only thing that would work to reduce illegal immigration and I'm glad Mr. Berlusconi mentioned it.

So go on, get in your on-line girl fights over who's the REAL conservative in the GOP primary race, I don't care because there isn't one. I'm voting, if I vote, Libertarian. Because it's just as meaningless as a vote for Cruz, Kasich or Trump, and while I'm still allowed, I will.









Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home